Sunday, July 25, 2010

No More Miss Nice Girl

Well, after my last two visits at Carbon I have realized that Leah is no longer being gentle. She is still sweet and smiling but she is making me really work. I now have homework; cardio assignments between Pilates sessions.

I am now visiting Carbon twice a week and it seems that I am still sore from the last visit when I arrive for the next. Leah does vary the workout and different muscle groups are used each time so the sore muscles get a break. Leah also informed me that I am officially intermediate level! I feel stronger and I can tell that my endurance is better. Two weeks ago I could not have completed the workout that I accomplished today.

I have not lost any weight but I can see differences in my body. My abdomen feels tighter and my pants fit better, but best of all, I am seeing a hint of waist! I have never been a woman with a waist; I have always been kind of boxy.

Today Leah told me that I have a tricep line. This means that she could see my muscle! That’s a change!

The thing that surprises me the most is that I look forward to my Carbon workouts. I have never been a person who enjoys exercise, elliptical machines are monotonous and boring and I have never felt that weight machines really have any effect. The time at Carbon passes quickly and while I sometimes struggle to complete the exercises I often feel surprised when my session is over. Always relieved, but still surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment